Hollywood Africans Mask
Protect yourself and others—and give a little love to Jean-Michel Basquiat while you’re at it. Basquiat’s Hollywood Africans from 1983 was done under his tag SAMO and features prominently on this soft face mask. This meaningful and iconic work is printed using unique sublimation printing techniques. The mask is designed in a pleated silhouette with two layers of cotton and an outer layer in a soft cotton blend. Finished with adjustable ear loops.
- One size
- 3.5” H x 6.5” W
- Exterior artwork layer is polyester/spandex with 2 layers of cotton lining
- Features a built-in filter pocket (optional to use)
- Adjustable ear loops
- Pleated cover to fit most sized faces
- Adjustable encased nose wire for a customized fit
- Machine-washable, lay flat to dry. We recommend to remove the rubber stoppers before washing, or knot the elastic to secure
This is not a medical-grade mask and is not intended as a replacement for medical-grade equipment or other recommended measures to stop the community spread of any viruses, including social distancing, washing your hands, and refraining from touching your face.
This is not an FDA approved product. This product makes no claims of antimicrobial protection, antiviral protections, particulate filtration, or infection prevention or reduction and is not intended for use in a medical setting.
© Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat. Licensed by Artestar, New York
To learn more about the Broad collection and this artist, please visit https://www.thebroad.org/art/jean-michel-basquiat